Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Phone Call

Setting: my comfy bed

Me (in my head): 'What is that noise? It should stop.'
Other Me (in my head): 'It is the PHONE! Answer it!!!'
Me (out loud but very groggy): "Hello?"
A Brother: "Did I wake you up?"
Me (in my head): 'You seriously need to ask that question...isn't it obvious?'
Me (out loud): "mmmm"
A Brother: "It is 11:00 am." sounding equal parts judgemental and incredulous
Me (in my head): 'Is that supposed to mean something to me?'
Me (out loud): "OK"
A Brother: "I need your professional opinion."
Me (in my head): 'I guess this isn't one of those conversations that I can be partially awake for and then quickly go back to sleep when it is finished. Ugh.'
Me (out loud): "OK"

Note to my readers: I have no spouse or children to interrupt my beloved weekend sleeping routine (which consists of sleeping as long as I possibly can) and I make the most of that situation. Please do not judge me simply because you are jealous.

5 comments:

Katrina said...

I don't judge and I am so jealous!

Janae said...

I'm so jealous.

Lindsay said...

I would guess my husband but he had no kids or spouse this weekend too so he was probably asleep at 11 :)

K. Crisler said...

Gosh, I feel guilty for texting you a few weeks ago at 9:00 am. Please forgive me!

Dawn said...

Kelli-
You did nothing wrong! For these reasons I was not bugged in the least by your text:
1.More hours at work=more money=happy me
2.You are not related to me and therefore you have not watched this weekend ritual for the last 20 something years
3. Texting is way less intrusive than a call...I went back to sleep when you texted me :)