Sunday, June 15, 2008

It's Just a Matter of Time

Last Sunday I taught my mom's primary class for her while she was in Monticello. I enjoy teaching primary-but I am glad that I don't have to do it every week! During singing time the music leader gave each child a cookie--YAY! I asked my class to wait until we got into our classroom to eat their cookie (I was thinking it would be a great way to "eat" up a few minutes of lesson time that I wouldn't have to fill!) So we were all munching away when one little boy dropped a piece of his cookie onto the ground,

Me: "Oh, that is yucky now. Throw that part in the garbage."
Little boy: Obviously hesitating: "But..."
Me: "I know, but you should probably just thow it away."
Little boy: "But is hasn't even been on the ground for 10 minutes yet!!"

1 comment:

Tera said...

Wait, isn't it the 10 SECOND rule?! Gotta love primary. I understand why you wouldn't want to teach primary every Sunday, you teach small children every hour of every day anyway. You need one day of rest!