Monday, November 10, 2008

Christmas Treats

Today I was walked through the store I thought to myself:
 "Man it seems a little early to have Christmas stuff out. What happened to Thanksgiving?! (Grumble, Grumble, Grumble)"

But then something caught my eye......delicious cadbury mini eggs (the Christmas edition). And I thought, "Well, I guess they will put the stuff out as long as there is money to be made!' (As I put a bag of the treats in my cart.)

Then a little while later as I strolled past the ice-cream section of the store I saw something else that grabbed hold of my attention......peppermint ice-cream. And I thought, "Not everything is horrible I guess." (As I put a container of ice-cream in my cart.)

Then as I stopped to grab some crackers for preschool I saw some intriguing candy-cane oreos. (The cream part has a candy cane flavor). And I thought, "That is a new and exciting Christmas twist." (As I put a package of cookies in my cart.)

Then as I was on my way out I saw Candy-Cane Hot Chocolate. And I thought, "Well, by the looks of my cart I guess I am quite glad all the Christmas stuff is out already!' (As I put a container of hot chocolate in my cart.)

And then as I stood in line I thought, "I think the real problem with Christmas stuff being out already is that everything is sugar-related." (As I took an item or two out of my cart.) I figure I have 6 weeks to enjoy all the splendors of the Christmas season!

5 comments:

Monique said...

You are just teasing me...

Karen said...

LOL! It's the same way when Easter comes around...can't complain. yum yum! ;)

Holly said...

That is exactly why they do it. I do love Christmas treats!

Amy said...

Please say you still bought the cadbury eggs.

The Ericksons said...

Dawn--I was thinking you truly had my same genetic make-up until the part where you said you actually PUT SOME BACK!!!!!!

I love you,
Aunt Jan