Thursday, November 20, 2008

LOL (times 5)

So the past couple days in preschool have had a few funny moments that I thought I would share:

Moment #1:
Miss Dawn "My friends should be sitting on their bums with their arms folded." (trying to get them to focus)

Little Boy: "Miss Dawn! I CAN'T do that!"

Miss Dawn: "And why not?"

Little Boy: "I can't sit on my thumbs AND fold my arms!!"


Moment #2:
Little Girl: (addressing the whole class) "You better listen to Miss Dawn!! Don't you know the reindeers are seeing if we are good?!"

note: I have not said anything about Christmas yet....let alone threats of Santa's wrath.

Moment #3:
This week we were learning about the letter "U" so we were naming things that start with that and I said umbrella. Then a little girl starts singing "ella, ella, a, a, a, a, a!" These are the lyrics to a popular pop song and she was totally dancing while she belted them out.

Moment #4:
Little Boy: "Miss Dawn can I use markers?"

Miss Dawn: "No. You can use the crayons that are out."

Little Boy: "Well, there are no more crayons left."

Miss Dawn: "Oh really?" (I of course know that there are 4 rubber-maid boxes FULL of crayons). I turn and look, "I see a bunch of crayons right there."

Little Boy: "I guess I meant that I don't want to use crayons."

Miss Dawn: "I guess you did mean that, but the answer is still no markers."

Moment #5
A little girl walked up to me and said "Hold still....you have a spot" as she licked her pointer finger and proceeded to rub her finger back and forth on my chin. Then she looked upset and so I asked, "Is it not coming off?"
She shook her head and I said "It's called a freckle. I have a lot of them, and they don't come off."
It was a little gross....but SO cute. And the cute totally outweighed the gross.

These are the moments when I wish there was a camera constantly recording the goings on of the preschool.

5 comments:

Mandy said...

Gotta love those "kids say the darndest things" moments. BTW, I guess you figured out I am a slacker about the Christmas cards. Bad news, (for me) My nephews bday party is that night...meh. Sorry I won't make it!

Monique said...

lol! Those are awesome! You have motivated me to post the emails that I send home every week to my parents about the highlights of the week! I am doing it! Watch out.

ali-dot-e said...

I always lick my finger and clean off my kids faces. one time I had something on my face and they did it ot me, I was like oooo, gross, then Ethan says that's what you do to me. I still do it though. Too funny. LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL, I think that covers it!

Amy said...

Thanks for sharing some of the fun moments.

Holly said...

Don't you just love kids. I think it is so awesome that you document these things. My kids at school occasionally say and do funny things but I have never thought to write them down. Good Idea!