Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me

There isn't any big exciting story to share with you on this my 28th Birthday. I am not excited about turning 28 but I am trying this thing where I just keep saying 28 over and over in hopes that it will loose some of its horrible power! But I do have 2 funny preschool stories to share that are both birthday related.

Today one little boy came up to me and gently touched my arm and said,
"Miss Dawn. I am glad it is your birthday. You are beautiful."
I replied, "Thank you, that is a very nice thing to say."
He answered, "Well, that's my job!"And he shrugged as he walked away (as if he was some old man who had spent years doing the same job day after day and was resigned to the fact that this was just the way life was.)


For my birthday I brought cupcakes for snack for all of my classes and today as one class was eating them one little boy said, "Miss Dawn, these are SOOOOOOOOO good. Will you give my mom the recipie?" I thought that was so cute that he obviously comes from a family where recipies are shared regularly and he really wanted to make sure this one made it into the loop. Then all the other kids also wanted me to share the recipie with their moms. So if you are one of those moms here is how I made them:

Step 1. Have someone go to the store and buy a yellow cake mix and package of chocolate frosting for you.
Step 2. Convince someone else to bake the cupcakes for you.
Step 3. Frost the cupcakes with the chocolate frosting that someone else bought at the store.
Step 4. "Decorate" the cupcakes with a few holiday M&M's (because you happen to have a bag of them sitting right in front of you)
Step 5. Eat the yummy cupcakes

I know it is a labor intensive project...but the result is definately worth it!

7 comments:

Chad and Amy said...

Happy Birthday Miss Dawn, we hope you have a great day! Elly was very sad that she couldn't see you today!

Notme said...

Happy Birthday!
I do think that cupcake recipe is the best. Tried it many times myself :)

Monique said...

Happy Birthday!!! And how wonderful that you helped with my Charity on your birthday?? That is so you. BTW, I ordered Alphabet rescue, My blessings duo pack, How big is a million?, Kung Fu panda, Bicuit books pack, and when sheep sleep from your coupons for the orphanage... 8 books from 6 coupons!! Thanks babe! And go and comment on my blog for my Charity give-a-way. Love you! Thanks so much.

Amy said...

Happy Birthday, Dawn! Thanks for sharing the cute stories!

Clinton and Michelle said...

Happy Belated Birthday. I love reading all the fun preschool stories. Thanks

Mandy said...

Did you go to Disneyland? You really should do that again soon! Happy Birthday to you...and the cupcakes sound delicious, is there any other way to make cupcakes???

Denise said...

Dawn,
So funny about the cupcakes! I'll definitely have to teach him that recipe. Donna will be sooooo impressed!