Saturday, December 13, 2008

Snow Expose

Snow. Is it a beautiful winter precipitation which is also enjoyable for people who desire to engage in winter sports? OR is it just another mess? Let's have a look at the facts:

Fact 1: While snow may be somewhat pretty when it is falling, it is far from "beautiful" when it is all mixed up with road salt and being sprayed onto your windshield by giant trucks on the freeway, and now that your car is covered with snow-salt sludge you have another mess to clean up.

Fact 2: The extra snow in your driveway is not desired and must be removed which is just another mess to clean up. (and it is not fun to shovel said snow.)

Fact 3: The salt stuff you have to sprinkle on the sidewalks makes your hands yucky so then you have to wash your hands which means having to use more items than you normally would and then you have just another mess to clean up.

Fact 4: Cleaning up after all the wet, slat sprinkled shoes that come in your clean house is just another mess to clean up.

Fact 5: People getting in car accidents are just another mess for the police to clean up.

Fact 6: Having to wear additional clothing to keep warm in the stupid snow makes for more laundry which is what? Just another mess to clean up!

So the facts speak for themselves. Snow is officially just another mess to clean up. So enough with the "snow is so beautiful" and "snow is so cool" and "snow is so Christmasy" talk. The only thing you can factually say from now on is "snow is just another mess to clean up."

14 comments:

Monique said...

You big wuss. :) And this is coming from a Preschool teacher who has to clean up after kids all day? Kids are just one big mess too!! lol

Mandy said...

Don't forget having to PUT ON those extra clothes on all the preschool kids...who's glove is this? Who's boot is in the bathroom? DON'T put that snow in YOUR CUBBY! Wet socks sprayed all over the place.....snowpants and hats and big zipper snap button, teacher I have to pee, coats.
Yah, I am with you on that one.

Dawn said...

to Monique--YES! This is EXACTLY my point. I already have enough messes to clean up everyday. I really don't want any more.

to Mandy-my condolences because it really is even worse for you than me. I tip my hat to you.

ali-dot-e said...

you could just leave it alone and it will melt and take care of itself...how many messes can do that...believe me not many...I have tried.

Angie said...

Dawn,
Thank you for sharing your sad memory with us of our wedding. I'm sorry to admit it but it did make me laugh. I am glad you are keeping in touch with us through our blog. We sure love you!

Notme said...

So, I agree and disagree. Sometimes I love nothing more than to sit inside with the blinds open and watch the snow fall. THEN, I try driving in it and its another story.

Notme said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Holly said...

I am feeling you about the snow espcially today. First I wake up and didn't expect when I went to go start the car that there would be snow. Second it snowed practically all day. That means it was inside recess all day. No break from my little darlings. Anyway I guess I need to get over myself and just learn to like it a little bit. It is here to stay for awhile.

Hilary said...

All I can say is you are hillarious!

Emily Rose said...

This made me laugh so hard.

So I have taken our blog private and I need to send you an invitation...which is a problem since I don't have your email. Will you send an email to emilyrosedavis@msn.com and I'll reply with an invite? You only have to do it once! Thanks!

Lindsay said...

From Brent:
Fact 7: The Utah ecosystem depends on snow as a vital source of water. Without snow, few (if any) people would live here. Since your existence is credited to people living in Utah, it follows that you might not exist without snow.

I say you owe snow an apology and a thanks.

Dawn said...

I do NOT owe snow an apology...if possible I actually hate snow now more than I did when I wrote this post. I will however give it one point for "fact 7" but I still think it is super dumb.

Mandy said...

Dear Teacher Dawn, someday I want you to come to my house and see my fish. His name is sharkbait. I miss you and wanted to write on your blog. I had a cat but she is gone so I think she went south where it is warmer to California where my cousin Trajan lives.
Love, remy (and tate)
tate

Suzy said...

Amen sister. After the snow we've been having lately, I am so ready to relocate to somewhere tropical.