Thursday, January 8, 2009

Resolutions?

The new year is here with all it's exciting promises of "new-ness" and "change." And to that I say "BLAH!" What is the deal with these resolutions anyway? Isn't all this just another way for society to stick it to me, to remind me of all the things that I am not doing that I should be doing? Yes. I think that is exactly what society and the new year are trying to do. Well guess what society and the new year....the joke is on you, because I already know that I am a slacker. Because of all this I have decided that setting challenging, and insightful resolutions is SO last year. These are MY new year's resolutions:

1. Drink caffiene.
2. Spend too much money on lip-gloss and nail polish.
3. Be a preschool teacher.

And by the way, I totally rock because it is only January 8th and I have already reached all of my goals. So now all of you get to feel terrible that I am SO accomplished and you have to wait months to be able to check off anything from your list.

Take that New Year!

7 comments:

Karen said...

Love your resolutions! I feel the same way about them.

Anonymous said...

I like the way you think!!!!!!!!!
Aunt Jan

Hilary said...

You're awesome! Way to stick it to the man! Whatever that means.

Allie said...

Amen, sista! I'm going to take your approach on New Years resolutions!!

The Adams said...

I love your New Year's Resolutions!!! Those are some GREAT ideas :) lol

Monique said...

You sinner. :) no really. You are just cheating I tell you what! (okay, so I wish I would have thought of those first.)

psst. you won something on my blog... check it!

Mandy said...

HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!! You are awesome! I love you Dawn! I also love exclamation points!!!!!!!!!