Friday, January 23, 2009

Barack Obama:

As Seen Through The Eyes of Preschoolers

My "Big-Kid Class" was all a buzz with conversation about our new President. I think they are mostly intrigued by his name....it sure does have a ring to it doesn't it? And what kid (or grow-up) wouldn't want to practice saying it a few hundred times? I swear I heard his name (or an attempt at saying his name) at least 50 times.

Here are a few of the comments they made:

RACHEL: "Well I saw him on TV cause he won. But my family didn't want him to."

NICK: "Was he the guy with the red tie or the blue tie?"

EVAN: "He is in charge of the whole country."

MICHELLE: (in response to evan) "No he is in charge of the whole world!"

EVAN: "No he's not....that's Jesus!"

JANET: "He's the nicest prophet ever."

Miss Dawn: "No....he's not the prophet. Barack Obama is the President of where we live...President Monson is the President of the Church."

JANET: "Well, which one is the more important President?"

Miss Dawn: "Ummm..."

KYLIE: "Duh....President Monson!!"

5 comments:

The Adams said...

lol Kids, You gotta love them. That is so funny!

Amy said...

Love it...LOVE IT!

Holly said...

Those kids say the cutest things ever. You will look back in years to come and laugh hysterically at these comments. I love how innocent those kids are.

ali-dot-e said...

Ummm..Definately the prophet, or maybe you could just go back to Jesus and be safe!! Too funny!

Monique said...

And you hesitated? :) I love kids. I just do.