Friday, January 30, 2009

Are You Smarter Than A Preschooler?

Yesterday I had the following exchange with a very sweet little boy (although this particular moment probably could not be classified as sweet.....)

Little Boy: "Miss Dawn, ah you smaht?"
(He doesn't pronounce his "R's" very well yet which makes the whole thing that much cuter!)

Me: "Well what do you think?"
(This is a favorite response of mine to questions because then I get to hear funny things...)

Little Boy: "I fink you ah not smaht."

Me: "Why do think I am not smart?"

Little Boy: "Cause I am so smaht! And you ah not."

Then today was another funny moment when it was time for show and tell. One little girl stood up during her turn to display a blue paper heart she had cut out. Then I asked her to tell us about her show and tell.....it was then things started to feel more like a testimony meeting than a show and tell;

Little Girl: "I got this heart because it is valentine's time. I know that valentine's time is special because it is a time you can show others that you love them."

I was just waiting for her to say that she also knows the Book of Mormon is true, maybe at the next show and tell....

1 comment:

ali-dot-e said...

I'd like to thank miss dawn for the opportunity I have had to share my blue heart and want her to know how much I love her. She is a great blessing in my life. Oh yeah, and the book of mormon is true..amen.