Thursday, February 12, 2009

Why Be a Preschool Teacher?

On Wednesday night I was talking to one of my preshcool moms about the Valentine's Day party her little girl would be attending the next day (Thursday). We were going over the names of kids in the class and talking about what we would be doing during the party when I heard very loud crying in the backgroud coming from the little girl in my class:

Preschool Mom: "Oh, she is so upset. She really wants to say hi to you. Is that okay?"

Me: "Of course!"

Little Girl: Sobbing....sobbing...sobbing

Me: "Sweetie, what's the matter?"

Little Girl: "I (sob) just (sob) miss (sob) you (sob) so (sob) much (sob)!"

Me: "Oh it's alright! Don't be sad....remember I will see you right after breakfast tomorrow."

Little Girl: "Ok (gulp) Miss Dawn. I love you!"

Me: "I love you too. See you tomorrow."

It was so sad but so very cute and as I tried to fall asleep last night I couldn't help but thinking how glad I am to be a preschool teacher. :)

5 comments:

Karen said...

So cute. Dawn I can hardly wait for Rees to come to preschool :) I love all your stories. You must get a good laugh daily.

Amy said...

Oh, that is SOOOOOO cute!

Monique said...

I miss you that much too... :)

ali-dot-e said...

I cry every time I hang up the phone with you. I (sob) miss (sob) you (sob) so (sob) Much! (sob,sob,sob)See you wednesday?

Holly said...

That is so sweet. It is days like that that melt your heart and make you know that it is all worth it!