Monday, February 23, 2009

Spring....

Today I looked out the preschool window to look at the giant pile of snow that refuses to melt from the back corner of the yard. (This is actually a little bit of a ritual...I look at it and I curse it silently in my head). But as I stared and cursed I saw something new....

A slightly darker green strip of grass! I could not believe my eyes so I quickly scanned the rest of the yard for more and amazingly the entire perimeter of my back yard is surrounded by a green-ish border of grass!!

All this did was make me want more...

My pedicured toes are practically begging to wiggle freely in brightly colored flip-flops

My skin needs to be more freckled by the overwhelmingly hot sun of summer

My eyes look forward to being hidden behind giant sunglasses all day long

My ears long to hear the laughter of kids playing in the street in the afternoon

My taste buds are impatient to eat otter pops and snow cones

I officially need it to be spring....

5 comments:

Eric and Andrea said...

I totally agree with you!

P.S. I really love the way you write stuff. You're pretty funny you know. :-)

Monique said...

sigh. I miss Otter Pops. . . I wonder if Amazon sells them?? :)

Lindsay said...

I need it to be spring all year long! Why do I live in Utah? I just wonder from November to March.

Allie said...

Everyone needs to move to Arizona for the winter! I am seriously considering it even after we move from here. Other than the flip flops, since we can wear them year round, I too am looking forward to all of those things. Bring on the warm weather! (It was fun to see you recently!)

Tera said...

YES! Hooray for spring.