Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Efficiency

I am all about efficiency.
When you can do more than one thing at a time....great!
When you can delegate something you don't really want to do....awesome!
When you can make the most of those 5 spare minutes....amazing!
When you can get your point across with a minimum of effort....spectacular!

But there is a point that even I have not gotten to yet...word combining. Today a little 3 year old in preschool taught me all about it:

"Look Miss Dawn! I am sitting Craplesauce!"

"Wow....that's great. You are sitting criss-cross applesauce."

"No. I am sitting craplesauce...it's easier."

How can I argue with that? I can't. Espeically with this little guy who also FIRMLY believes that his heart is located above his right ear and cannot be convinced otherwise. He even used the real stethescope to "listen" to it and when I asked what it sounded like he replied "Bum-Bum-Bum." (I had thought NOT hearing his heartbeat there would help to convince him...no luck.)

So from now on watch out for more efficiency from me.......

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Out of the mouths of babes! Now THAT is funny!

Monique said...

We use criss-cross applesauce too and you should see the confused looks I got from my British girl!! :) Applesauce? What's that? Criss-cross? Why are we cross? (They say cross instead of mad and they don't have applesauce here.) fun times. Also, I asked her if she needed to go potty and she had no clue what I was saying. They say use the toilet. who knew?

Amy said...

That is too cute.