Thursday, April 23, 2009

True Love

One of my preschool moms shared this story with me about her adorable little boy. He is one of those kids that can just smile at you, with his eyes all crinkled up, and you seem to forget that he was climbing on the play kitchen! Since she told me I figured she wouldn't mind my sharing it here....

While tucking him into bed his mom said, "Goodnight, I love you."

He responded, "I love Miss Dawn."

I laughed so hard when she told me! It seems like I can get every 3-5 year old boy in the world to fall head over heels for me....but I don't have the same effect on the 33-35 year-olds!

7 comments:

Teisha said...

That's so cute! The problem is 35 year olds want to be treated like a 5 year old (they want to act like they can do everything themselves but really need someone to pick up after them and feed them) LOL! You should be just fine!

Monique said...

Maybe you should try the Hungarian variety... just a thought. :)

Love you! And you just haven't found someone as PERFECT as you. Sho nuf. And don't settle for anything less.

Holly said...

That just means that you are an excellent teacher. Kids don't think about their teachers unless they are good ones.

Lindsay said...

I bet that ALL of the 33-35 men who still get kissed by their mom at night and live at home say that same thing, you just want one that is independent......and tucks himself in. :)

Katrina said...

That is so sweet. Obviously I am not the only one that thinks you are "Cute Dawn Taylor" :)

You have a good memory! That night after we went to JSM building, Reg and I had our first kiss. Hard to believe that was 9 years ago this month!

Hilary said...

When Bridger gets mad at me for discipling him or something he tells me he wants to go live with Miss Dawn. Sometimes I want to take him up on it ;) Just kidding! thx for being a great teacher!

Brooke said...

We miss you Miss Dawn:) Love the blog, especially the cute preschool stories. Henry was looking at pictures today and he still remembers all his classmates. Your summer camps look great. Love you!