Sunday, April 18, 2010

Spring Break 2010!!!

(blog title to be read in the voice of a female 21 year-old college student drinking something alcoholic on a beach somewhere in Mexico)

All winter long I have been looking forward to April 2nd because that was, of course, the start of SPRING BREAK 2010!!! I really needed to do something different than my everyday routine (sleep too late, play at preschool, possibly go to second work, read, hang out with Tera, field a strangely high number of blind date requests, and avoid doing laundry). Now I am not saying that I don't love my everyday life....I absolutely DO LOVE all those things (except maybe the blind date situation). It was just that I needed to do something different....even if it was just for a couple of days. So that is exactly what I did.

For 4 days I went to visit my grandparents in Monticello Utah. I love both of them so much, and I love Monticello almost as much. It seems almost impossible for me to feel overwhelmed or anxious while I'm there....and this visit was no exception. I read books, crocheted baby blankets, ate too many treats, talked with my grandparents, aunt, uncle, and cousins. I endured a little Fox News Network and Weather Channel (my grandpa's 2 favorite channels). It was also nice to spend 8 hours alone with my mom talking about anything while we drove.

Then I spent a couple days at home, including a trip to the Dinosaur Museum with Pratt, Lindsay, James, Tera, Kim, Jackson, Ellie and Jane. It was so fun to get to do some of the fun things I tend to miss out on since I am always working! Then I got ready for yet another trip.

I spent another 3 1/2 days visiting my friend Jill and George Skouson in (or around) Denver. I absolutely love getting together with Jill (a former roommate) because we have so much fun together. We played games, stayed up late talking, laughing and crafting (I did take some pics but can't figure out how to upload them on my computer so....). I laughed more and laughed harder there than I have in weeks and it was so nice. Still to this day I can remember some joke we laughed at(meow!) and start laughing by myself (as I'm walking through the grocery store....which does make me look like a crazy person). They are so nice, and I really appreciate their letting me escape from my life and crashing in their life for a few days. And I even won 1 whole game!

I had a great week off and returned to the everyday routines more relaxed and able to handle all those things....although I still have a suitcase of laundry to do.

4 comments:

Jill Skouson said...

I'm SO glad you came! It was so fun! I just wish it didn't go by so dang fast. Love ya! MEOW!

Emily said...

does the meow have something to do with Whose line is it anyway? I'm glad you had fun! You deserve it friend!

Allie said...

How fun! Glad you got to enjoy yourself, although it sounds like you were still pretty busy! :) But it was the good kind of busy, right? love ya

Monique said...

I HEART Monticello, too. What a great place to be. . . for the reunion!! woohoo!