Thursday, September 2, 2010

Back To School 2010

School has officially started again at Discovery Corner Preschool! Here are the top ten ways I can tell school has started:

10. My thighs are sore from the work of sitting down on and getting up from chairs made for 3 year-olds.

9. I get free lunch at mom's house everyday!

8. I get to see my good friends at Maverick almost every morning....as my need for caffeine has sky rocketed.

7. I keep checking things off my preschool "to-do" list.

6. My preschoool "to-do" list doesn't seem to be getting any shorter...regardless of number 5.

5. There is constantly some combination of paint/sharpie/yogurt on my hands.

4. I am staying up way too late and not sleeping nearly enough.

3. I ask "Did you flush?...Did you wash your hands?....With soap?" at least 20 times a day.

2. My pile of To-Be-Read-Books has (sadly) sat un-touched for several weeks.

1. I am almost always smiling or laughing...how can I not when I'm surrounded by 10 little smiling faces.

I love being a preschool teacher...it is the best job I have ever had!! Now if I can just back into a regular sleeping routine I'll be set. :)

1 comment:

DnD Gibb said...

So good to read your blog and to know you are back in school. You are a great teacher in every way. Keep those cute quips of the children, and you can write a book some day---children make people laugh with their innocense. It is so good to be in touch by the blog, and just know your friendship is fun and treasured. Have a great week.---Audri is married and she is a RN. It all happened in one week. Needless to say it was busy, but life should slow down a bit ( or is this wishful thinking). Love, Dian