Sunday, May 8, 2011

No...MY mom is the best!

It's Mother's Day. I think there is some sort of unwritten rule about writing a blog post about my mom....so here we go.

I know that I am biased, but I truly have the most remarkable mom in the whole world. She has spent the better part of her life raising five kids...by herself. As a child I did not appreciate everything she did for me. As a teenager I made her life ridiculously difficult (sorry mom). As an adult I have come to love her for the incredible person she is, for the amazing mother she was and continues to be, for the being one of the greatest grandmas ever, and for being one of my best friends. Over the 30 years of my life I have learned a lot of things from my mom...here are a few.

Fair isn't everyone having the same thing...fair is everyone having what they need.
In life you only change one set of problems for a new set of problems.
Family comes first, always.
Put others needs before your own needs.
Cookies are helpful...in pretty much every situation.
It is ok to feel happy, sad, frustrated, tired.
I am good enough...and so is everyone else.
Accept people for who they are.
There are lots of times when it is best to keep your opinions to yourself. (I'm not very good at that one yet)
Work hard and do the best you can. And after all of that if things aren't perfect...you'll survive.
Life isn't fair. Deal with it.

I love my mom so much and I know how lucky I am to have her.
Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Jill Skouson said...

Like.

MandM said...

Hi! This isn't really a comment about your post (although I think you might really have the best mom!) but I don't know how to just sent you a message. I am dumb. But I had to tell you that I just saw you on TV! Yay! And you looked totally cute. And skinny. : ) Melissa