Saturday, March 28, 2009

'TREATS'

If you know me....you know I have a sweet tooth. I came by it honestly, I have "washburn" stamped in big chocolate brown letters all over my DNA. It is a battle I am never going to win (partly because it is a battle I am never going to start!)

Wouldn't it be great if there were an awards show for holiday candy? I like to think it would be called 'The Real Enjoyable Award Treat Show' or the 'TREATS' (for those of us in the know.)

I think one of the closest races would be in the "Best Holiday Shaped Reese's' Peanut Butter Cup" category. I mean you've got Hearts at Valentine's Day, and Eggs at Easter, Pumpkins at Halloween and Christmas Trees at Christmas! Honestly, I don't know how the judges make that call.....

And the biggest award (which the producers predictably save for the VERY end of the show so that you will watch the whole production, including the poorly executed Snickers and Milky Way musical number) would be "The Very Best Ever Holiday and/or Seasonal Candy in The World." And "Easter Candy Items" would take home the "treats-ey" for that without a doubt!

And I applaud you, Easter Candy, for your outstanding commitment to taste, and chocolate, and holiday enthusiasm, and color presentation! Congratulations on your well deserved win!!

6 comments:

Tera said...

Where do you come up with these things?! Love it. I totally agree.

Allie said...

I also agree! Easter Candy would take it all. I love just walking down the Easter aisle at the store, it makes me happy. You know what else makes me happy? My candy cupboard stashed with all those bright easter colors! I also have "washburn" stamped all over my DNA. At least we're not denying it though.

Amy said...

I also have a sweet tooth, and I don't even have the Washburn genes to blame it on! I think it's just been getting worse over the years since I don't live at home where my mother helped curb the temptation. Now I just buy it for myself so it's readily available anytime I get the urge.

Dawn said...

But Amy....you did give birth to a child with at least some portion of washburn DNA so I am sure that means you can eat as much chocolate as you want!! :)

Janae said...

I just noticed that you left a comment on, my BFF from high school, Sara Ferriola's blog. How do you know her?

Katrina said...

Hey Dawn! I have a blog too but it is private. Email me at Katrinansmith@juno.com and I will send you an invite.