Thursday, June 4, 2009

Summer Livin'

With two weeks of no school under my belt I am now fully entrenched in my summer vacation! It is definitely good times but so different from my regular life. These days.....

I get to sleep in instead of groaning at the alarm at the unholy hour of 8:00 am

No one asks to sit on my lap

I can go for a walk or bike ride on the river trail whenever I feel like it (although now it is really getting too hot to spend any prolonged period of time away from air conditioning)

I am finding it difficult to remember what day of the week it is

I am doing a lot less sweeping

I am eating actual food for breakfast instead of chugging a couple diet cokes before 9:00 am

I find myself not saying my "favorite" phrases..."Did you flush?" and "Did you wash your hands?" (I feel fairly confident that I can trust Tera)

I have found that TV during the day is mostly pretty boring

I don't have built-in snack times to eat my string cheese

And probably my two favorite things about summer vacation...
I don't have to wipe anyone else's bum!
I am free to spend hours on end in my pajamas!

8 comments:

Monique said...

amen sista! Oh wait... I have three little ones that I still have to do those for. Aw MAN!

Tera said...

Don't you just love summer?! And I promise I do flush and wash my hands...a little OCD as a matter of fact.

Katrina said...

I wish my summer was like that. Lucky!

Jill Skouson said...

And talk to me on the phone way past your bedtime :) Isn't summer the best?

Mandy said...

You really do have a great routine down! I love it!!!

Teisha said...

I wish I didn't have to wipe anyone's bum! I can't imagine doing it for everyone else's kids so you definitely deserve a break. Enjoy!

Chad and Amy said...

Well, we miss you like crazy! And I hope and pray that you never had to wipe my childs bum and if so, I am so sorry!

Dawn said...

No worries Amy....it wasn't your child!