Friday, May 29, 2009

Oh The Otter Pop!

I am confident that I have previously shared my love of otter pops with all of you, my faithful readers, but how can I embark upon the summer months without a tribute to my most beloved treat?! Obviously I can't....so I have compiled the following list:

Things To Love About Otter Pops:

-They are cold
-Not a single "bad" flavor in the box
-They aren't a dead animal
-You can eat all six flavors in one sitting....and you've still only consumed 90 calories
-There are regular flavors....
-And there are "tropical" flavors
-A "bulk" box is available at Costco
-At their most expensive you can still buy 100 of them for only $3.50
-"Gelatin" is not on the ingredients list

I hope all of you will enjoy some otter pops this summer.....just not any that come out of my freezer.

7 comments:

Katrina said...

I love Otter Pops! I went on an otter pop diet in college once. It was all I ate for a week! It was awesome!

Teisha said...

You are so funny! I didn't know that about it only being 90 calories for all flavors. I'm totally going to get some now.

Amy said...

Oh, yes, I've already consumed a fair share myself...along with Aaron. You should add "they're easy for babies/kids to eat" to your list. Way less messy than popsicles.

Tera said...

Oh no! I already stole one out of your freezer...and unfortunately it probably won't be the last But I promise to replace them.

Monique said...

Um. Those are my favorite popcicles in the world. And I've seen some of the world already and now I will be craving some otter pops. (and still Cafe Rio.) I wonder if Amazon grocer has them...

Monique said...

(I just bought some online with bybrands.com.... shhh!)

Allie said...

Dawn, have you figured out the amount of freeze time to get that perfect slushy/not overly frozen otter pop? Let me know the secret! I've figured out that 30ish minutes is not quite long enough.