Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween Fun

It seems that the annual DCP (discovery corner preschool for those of you not in the know) Halloween Party had its share of funny moments. So here are a few:
The names, of course, have been made up, or not...but now you will never really know.

Upon seeing friend Caden decked out in his costume, Jenny says, "Um...Caden I thought you said you were going to be a mommy?" (can you guess what his costume was)

As is always the case, about 10 minutes into the party everyone wants to take off their costume as it is in some way hampering their ability to eat, play or get into something messy.

This is the story of one of these moments. One little boy took off his costume without my help. This little boy did have on pants underneath his costume, but no shirt. I decided that his being shirtless was not worth the time or energy it would take to attempt to rectify the situation, and come one he is a 3 year old little boy surrounded by other 3 year olds. However, one little girl was particularly concerned about it. I felt a little tap on my arm and when I turned to look I noted the dismay in her eyes as Kenzie said, "Um..Miss Dawn. Joshy is half naked!!"

There was one costume that I really enjoyed. This little boy came running down the hall, arms poised in the classic super-hero pose. This is of course defined by hands balled into fists, one arm punched out in front of the body and the other tucked close to the body. There is also a facial expression to accompany the pose, it is a cross between fierce-brave-and handsome. When he reached the end of the hall he jumped up and landed in a frozen version of this super-hero look. I took in his cape and chest piece-circa 1980's I think. The chest portion had a giant "T" with a lightning bolt behind it. And before I could even use my generic phrase that I had developed for deciphering costumes, he proclaimed, "I'm Thunderbolt Henry!" I loved it all!

Happy Halloween

1 comment:

Kimberlee said...

Isn't it so sad that we spend so much time and money on costumes for these kiddies, and they really do only keep them on 10 minutes. It's really all about the pictures anyways!