Sunday, November 4, 2007

Santa's Mind-Reading Abilities

I know that I am probably biased but I think that my adorable niece Emma says some of the funniest things I have ever heard. Here is one that happened about a week ago.

Auntie Dawn: (in an attempt to secretly gather Christmas information) "Emma, do you know what you want from Santa for Christmas this year?"

Emma: (not even looking up as she continues to play with her toys) "Yeah."

Auntie Dawn: "Oh, what?"

Emma: "You'll see."

Auntie Dawn: "I'll see what?"

Emma: "You'll see what I want when Santa brings it."

Her mom is sitting behind her and the "deer in the headlights" look in her eyes was classic.

Auntie Dawn: "Well, should we write him a letter?"

Emma: "No, I already told him."

Auntie Dawn: "You did? When?"

Emma: "Just now."

Auntie Dawn's internal dialouge: "Does Emma think you can pray to Santa? We should probably discuss who it is appropriate to pray to."

Auntie Dawn: (because I still have no idea what to get her for Christmas, I continue) "Well, what else would like for Christmas?"

Emma: "Nothing."

Although I still have no idea what to give Emma, my heart really goes out to her parents-good luck with all that.

1 comment:

Mike J said...

When she doesn't get what she wants, just calmly explain that the elves who made that particular toy are from China, and there was a big recall.