Tuesday, November 13, 2007

One Of Life's Disappointments

I usually hope that kids I teach don't have to feel the little disappointments of life this early, but alas, it is inevitible.

(to get the full efect read matthew's part in the voice of whatever 3 year old you know that has those little speech impediments that are so endearing.)

Miss Dawn: "Hey Matthew."

Matthew: "I'm Superman!"

Miss Dawn: "Oh yeah, Hey Superman. How are you today?"

Superman: "Good."

Miss Dawn: "Did you fly anywhere last night?"

Superman: "My dog is name peanut."

Miss Dawn: "Cool." (I am understandably a little confused at this point.)

Superman looks up at me through his eyelashes and I'm quite confident I saw the glimmer of a tear forming, and now I am afraid that he is going to tell me about Peanut dieing, so I hug him a little closer and wait for him to continue.

Superman: "But she can't fly."

At this point dear little superman runs off, or I should say pretends to fly off, to play with his friends. I laughed and laughed until a tear came to my eye.

And then I wondered: Did he test out a flying-super-dog theory on the family pet?

1 comment:

Alisa said...

That is so stinkin cute!!