Friday, November 23, 2007

Sugar-tarian

Before thanksgiving I was undecided about whether or not I would be eating turkey with my dinner. As the food began circling the table the decision was suddenly upon me, meat or no meat. I took a little turkey and ate a bite or two, but alas the nausea soon followed. So my thanksgiving was mostly turkey free.

In the wake of my slight dissapointment at not eating turkey on turkey day I consoled myself by thinking about all the yummy holiday treats that are sure to abound during the next few weeks. First to mind; Christmas Creme Cookies....mmmmm. Then I thought about all the calories involved in all those treats, calories which I know I don't need. First to mind; Christmas Creme Cookies.....oh(sad face).

That is the moment I wondered why I couldn't feel about sugar the way I feel about meat. I decided to try to think about all the grossness of sugar. After sitting with a pen and paper for over 20 minutes, (I've decided to be open and honest about my intense need to make lists for everything) I had no bullet points under the heading, "Things That Are Gross About Sugar."

So my desire to be a sugar-tarian was short lived due to the lack of evidence in support of it. Oh well, but at least I will get to eat those Christmas Creme Cookies....mmmm. Maybe I'll try to keep it to a minimum, then again.....

4 comments:

Amy said...

I don't think Christmas creme cookies can beat leftover thanksgiving pie for breakfast. Any dissenters?

Alisa said...

Dawn, just got caught up on your blog. Its so cute!! And dont limit those cookies!

Monique said...

Those are Brandon's FAVORITE cookies. Maybe I should be a good wife and make them for him, but they take forever to make, huh? Blah. Okay, so I love him. I guess I'll do it. You have just motivated me. . . um. I'm over it. Maybe next year Brandon! :)

Kimberlee said...

Hey, if you need help limiting yourself to those Christmas Creme cookies, remember that I live 1 mile away and would be happy to help dispose of them :)