Sunday, November 18, 2007

Things I'm Glad I Tried-Even Though I Was Petrified

I am afraid of a lot of things; an international ice-cream shortage, only having brown shoes to wear with a black outift, wearing really high heels, spiders, someone hiding behind the shower curtain waiting to kill me, and cleaning the toilet...just to a name a few of the ones I am working on in therapy. Then I thought about some of the things I was afraid to do that I did anyway....

Things I'm Glad I Tried:

1. Starting My Own Business!
2. A second kiss-the first one was so terrible I nearly gave up on it for life!
3. Escargo-even though I almost threw up.
4. Airplane Food-even though I did throw up.
5. Entering the MTC---and leaving the MTC
6. Blind Dates-I mean COME ON!

I am wiser, more mature, more understanding of myself and the world around me, and certainly stronger for having done these things. Of course there's still long list of things I am scared to do....(anyone who wants to clean my toilet is welcome to.)

1 comment:

Monique said...

Oh my you are so cute!! I love teaching Preschool, don't you? They just crack me up and I get to play with all the cool stuff alongside them. And I get paid for this??? :) Love ya Dawn! We are coming out the last week in May, so mark your calendar! We sure miss all ya'll.