Saturday, January 12, 2008

Fate

So as you may know from my last post, this week in preschool we went to the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point. The last exhibt, before the giant sandbox of fun, is entitled "Mammoth Hunters." As the title suggests, depicted in bones, there is a huge mammoth and a handful of humnas with spears and big rocks trying to bring down the mammoth. (My personal favorite part is the human being smashed by the mammoth! Totally Sweet!!)
We gathered around and talked about why these people were obviously trying to kill this animal-something about there not being grocery stores and people still needing to eat. Then we started to head out to the aforementioned giant sandbox of fun.
As I tried to walk away I felt a little hand slip into mine, and heard a quiet voice asking me a question. She was not afraid, but her voice was full of curiosity, concern, and what can only be described as a 4-year-old version of a questioning of ethics, the little girl asked,
"Miss Dawn, when I die, will my bones be here too?"

No comments: