Thursday, January 17, 2008

Finally Ready

The other day at the end of my afternoon preschool class the following "exchange" occured;

Sweet Little Boy: "Miss Dawn, you look cute all dressed for the day."

Miss Dawn: (a little surprised at the sweetness of the comment because this little boy has just finished trying to tackle all 9 of the other kids as they finished their snack) "Oh. Thanks bud."

Miss Dawn's Thoughts: "Does that imply that I don't usually get ready for the day, or does it imply that I don't usually look cute? Either way...."

6 comments:

Robin said...

You ALWAYS look cute Dawn...whether you actually get ready for the day or not!!

Kimberlee said...

PS I think I commented about you looking cute ALWAYS, but it's under the name of my friend Robin...somehow I was signed in as her, embarrassing!!

Monique said...

Neither. . . he's a boy. And it is, what, the second semester of preschool and he is finally noticing. Typical. :)

Allie said...

I don't know, Dawn... whenever I actually get ready for the day Katelyn looks at me and says, "Cute, mom." BUT, I know that this is because I RARELY get ready for the day. How sad that she notices when I put on an outfit other than sweats! You look cute all the time though!

Dawn said...

Thanks to all of you who commented that I "always" look cute. I really wasn't fishing for compliments! I do consider those great compliments though, coming from such great people!

Mike J said...

I think you always look great and he was just pointing it out to get out of tackle-trouble.