Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Obsession

I often find myself locked on to a particular task, idea, song, wish, etc. I have come to accept this about myself but this week I have come across something rather ironic...I am currently obsessed with making lists of the things I am obsessed with. I know. So I thought perhaps if I shared my list I would be able to get a laugh and move on. So here ia today's 10 item list of things I am obsessed with....at least they are the things I am obsessed with today. (Oh yeah....making it into a nice round list of 10 items makes me very happy.)

I am obsessed with.....
1. Getting warm (I am SO cold!!)
2. Watching Tina Fey spoof Sarah Palin.....I think I could watch those clips a million times and never stop laughing.
3. Cream potatoes (I would happily eat them for every single meal)
4. Having my fingernails painted red.
5. Learning how to do a good job of painting my own fingernails red. (see item #4)
6. Learning the words to "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" (the Broadway musical version)
7. Making the perfect hot chocolate (see item #1)
8. Cleaning off the build-up of soap that accumulates around the dispensing area of soap containers. (This is all soaps that I come in contact with...dish, hand, shampoo, face...you get the idea)
9. The new shoe website Cami told me about where you get free overnight shipping and free return shipping; it is AMAZING. And I found 2 things I had been specifically looking for a LONG time. (In case you are curious those 2 things are a pair of rain boots, and a pair of red dress-ish shoes) And I didn't even want to return anything.
10. Making lists (hence this list....it is sort of a vicious cycle)

Now you have all had a sneak peek into the "obsession center" of my brain....and you're welcome. By the way, do you think there really is an "obsession center" in your brain like the "speech center?" Great something else to be obsessed about.

5 comments:

ali-dot-e said...

In your brain I do believe that the obsession center is smack dab in the middle. everything else has to revolve around it!

I enjoy making lists too, but just so I can get gratification of crossing stuff off, man that feels good.

I have another "List" friend. You should check her out on my blog. She does this thing called ten on tuesday and lists off everything noteworthy fot the week. Pretty clever. Her name is cameo. Check it out!!

Anyway love you to pieces!

Hilary said...

what a funny post! You're hilarious!
So #9 obsession - you neglected to mention the shoe website! I'm totally interested.
I love lists too but WOW! You are out of control :)

Spens-dawg said...

I love your blog Dawn! You should check out my new blog, I created it on Sunday. The address is chroniclesofspenser.blogspot.com

Mandy said...

We too love watching the Sara Palin spoof and also the real interview with Katie Couric about Russia in my backyard. We watch it anytime we need a good laugh!

Suzy said...

I am totally with you on the Tina Fey thing. And the getting warm thing. Ooh, and the cream potatoes thing. yum.