Saturday, October 25, 2008

Pig-Tails in Preschool

I have an absolutely adorable little boy in my preschool class who is fascinated by hair. It all started, his mom tells me, when he was just a little baby and loved to play with her hair as he ate or was rocked to sleep.

The other day in preschool we were all sitting at the carpet for class time (singing songs, reading stories, etc.) when this particular little boy caught my attention. His mission was quiet....silent really, and slow.....so slow I was actually able to observe the whole thing while I led songs.

First he noticed the blond pig-tails on a little girl sitting in front and slightly to the right of him. Soon he was staring at the pig-tails. Then he carefully, almost tentatively, reached out and gently touched the soft, blond pig-tail. The owner of the pig-tails was completely oblivious to the entire thing....she didn't even know he touched her hair. Then he was done and he turned his attention back to me. It was HILARIOUS!!

(This post is dedicated to his cute mom....you know who you are. You are a great mom...I hope I can be like you when I grow up!)

2 comments:

Monique said...

The countdown to preschool is 10 days. Dylan and Maleia love hair too. They just need to grow their own. :)

Eric and Andrea said...

That is a really cut story! You sound like you truly love your job and your kids!! :-)