Monday, September 21, 2009

Big Trouble

We are now 3 weeks into preschool and I have obviously spent a lot of time talking about the importance of listening to Miss Dawn (my favorite and all inclusive rule!) I felt that my message was clear and that I was getting said message through....but now I don't know. This is the picture a little girl drew last week....

(the spider is top center and the 'people' is bottom left corner)

In case you can't read what she told me it goes a little like this:

"It's a big spider and he's going to try to eat that people; 'cause she is not listening to Miss Dawn." About the item in the bottom right corner she told me; "It's a big ball of web stuff to catch the people."

Apparently I need to go back to the drawing board to find a new way to deliver my message, ideally one where the kids don't hear "listen to Miss Dawn or get eaten by a big spider" when I talk.

3 comments:

Katrina said...

I think you got your point across. They KNOW they need to listen to you. Do you want to come teach my kids how they should listen to me?!?!

Tera said...

Yep, you should be a little more careful. Does this tactic work on 6th graders?

Monique said...

I teach them that spiders will get them. They do!! :) muahahahaha!