Monday, September 7, 2009

My New Job

During some recent self-reflection time about what talents I do have (not many) and what talents I don't have (quite numerous) I had a personal realization....I have a talent that I am sadly wasting. I am, of course, referring to my incredible skills of rationalization! I do believe that I was born with a natural inclination towards rationalizing, but I have spent countless hours practicing and honing my skills. So naturally, I began to wonder how best to more fully utilize my talents.....and (drum roll please) I am now offering my services as a "personal-rationalization-coach!"

Don't want to go to your in-laws family party but think you might "offend" someone? Call me.
Want to watch your favorite guilty pleasure but worry that it is "inappropriate"? Call me.
Don't want to clean your house but feel like others will call you"lazy"? Call me.
Want to buy a shirt but you think you "can't afford" it? Call me.
Don't want to let go of that grudge but feel it is beginning to "ruin" your life? Call me.

With my toolbox of emotional skills including; imagined feelings, sense of entitlement, anger, denial, projection and self-righteousness, I will be able to talk you down from the metaphorical ledge of making a "good" choice.

Want proof that I am as good as I claim...just know that as I type I can count at least 16 things I should be doing but I'm not! And do I feel guilty about it? Absolutely not!

This skill-set and coaching does not come cheap, in fact it is very, very expensive....but it will be worth it when you wear that new shirt to a girl's night out while your husband takes the kids to his family party and the newly hired housekeeper scrubs the toilet.

8 comments:

Mandy said...

You're hired!

Dayna said...

Ha ha ha, you are funny.

Monique said...

hahahaha! Awesome! LEt me know how the money is...

Katrina said...

I love you Dawn! You always make me smile.

Jill Skouson said...

I love it! You have found your calling :)

Tera said...

I wish I was as witty as you! You always make me laugh.

ali-dot-e said...

Oh, do you take credit cards? I stuggle with all of those things, I feel guilty alot and worry about offending. Maybe I need a one on one consultaion, maybe over cafe rio and a chick flick?

Dawn said...

Sorry Alisha, sadly no credit cards...but it turns out I DO take movies and dinners with friends!! Call me and we'll set up a "consultation."