Thursday, May 15, 2008

Fun in the Sun

Today in preschool we went on a fieldtrip to the Farm at Thanksgiving Point. I was just glad that it wasn't raining or anything! But before we left for the farm I had the following conversation:

Little Boy: "Miss Dawn, why do we have to wear sunburn?"
Miss Dawn: "Um...what?"
Little Boy: "My mom made me put on sunburn before I got to school."
Miss Dawn: "Oh! Do you mean, Sunscreen?"
Little Boy: "Yeah" (and pulls a face, he obviously doesn't enjoy getting sunscreened)
Miss Dawn: "Well we have to wear sunscreen so that we DON'T get a sunburn, because sunburns really hurt."

Here is the irony of it all--I didn't wear suncreen and I got a sunburn.

4 comments:

Tera said...

That was me last weekend. Someday maybe we will learn to put on "sunburn."

ali-dot-e said...

How many times have I told you...Teach by example. Silly girl!!

Mike J said...

did it hurt?

Dawn said...

yeah it did