Friday, May 30, 2008

Shoes

Disclaimer: While I generally consider myself to be a fairly practical person (although my brothers may disagree) I do have my moments of complete and entirely blissful impracticality--this is one of those moments.

Backstory:
I hadn't bought shoes for quite some time and my "Sunday" shoes were looking a little sad, so I headed to the Famous Footwear. It was like one of those movie moments where the hero and heronie see each other across a room and both seem to be enveloped in a heavenly light and now neither of them can see anything but each other. So it was like that but with me as the heronie and the shoes as my hero. I fell fast and I fell hard. They are ridiculously adorable black Steve Madden heels. They have a peep-toe and a little bow. They also have WAY too high of a heel for me(considering when I wear them I am at least 6 feet tall). But I just didn't care. I bought them and I took them home and I look at them everyday and I love them.

Moment of complete and entirely blissful impracticality:
The other night I really needed to do a little cleaning and laundry and I (shockingly) didn't want to do it. Then I saw the shoes sitting there and I thought "Dawn, it might be kinda fun to clean while wearing THE shoes." So I slipped them on my feet, and magically they went prefectly with my pink plaid pajama pants and grey Old Navy flag tee (from like 1999)! I looked amazing-seriously like runway ready. I will admit now that I did clean and do laundry while walking around in 3-inch heels at midnight in my pajamas. I know it is silly, but it was fun....and I secretly plan to do it again soon. (or I guess not so secretly now.)

5 comments:

Tera said...

Where do you come up with the ideas? I only wish I could come up with exotic ideas like cleaning with heels on. If only I could have seen you...

ali-dot-e said...

I can just see you cleaning with those things on. I say whatever it takes to get the chores done...do it!! Love ya!

Amy said...

You painted the moment perfectly for me. I can see the whole thing, and it makes me laugh! I'm so glad someone else besides me does things like this!

Mandy said...

Fabulous story, I loved it! You just needed to do a little LaLaLaLaLa like in Enchanted and call your animal friends to help you clean!!

The Ericksons said...

That is too funny. You gotta love great shoes.