Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Back at School

If you read my very last post then you know I was sick and stuck at home for a solid week. Boring. I have really enjoyed being back at school since the sick days. Just a couple funny things:

(Jill this one is for you)
Little Boy: "Hey Miss Dawn! Did you know Michael Jackson had a heart attack?!"

Me: tried to respond but this was difficult due to my laughter (which was because of the randomness of the comment and because of my friend Jill) I was finally able to say "Yeah, actually I think I did hear that..."
Meanwhile all the other kids just stared at me like I was a crazy person...but I don't blame them.

Another day there was a little boy who I believe learned a new term and was practicing it...a lot.

"Come on Ladies, let's go play at the blocks!"
"Ladies! It's time for snack!"
"Where are the ladies?"
"Ladies watch out for the crocodiles!" (they were pretend crocodiles...just in case you couldn't figure it out.)

Did he watch a "Ladies Man" sketch from classic SNL? Seriously where does a 3 year old learn the term and understand the appropriate use?

I love those kids...it is only a couple months into school and already I love them all so much! They make me laugh, they make me think, they make me very tired, but I wouldn't trade it for anything!

2 comments:

Jill Skouson said...

Ha ha ha!!! I'm glad I broke the news to you about MJ before that kid told you. I would hate for you to get all emotional about it in front of your preschoolers :)
That cracked me up. Thanks for the laugh.

Teisha said...

That is so funny! He is a ladies man! I'm glad you are finally feeling better.