Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Except Cows?

You may or may not know that I am a vegetarian (yes really.) but the other day I heard a couple of little girls talking and I was very surprised to hear this from a 5 year old....

Little Girl #1: "I like animals."

Little Girl #2: "Me too. Did you know that animals have to die for us to eat them?"

Little Girl #1: "What?"

Little Girl #2: "Yeah. That is why I don't like to eat animals. It is gross."

Little Girl #1: "What?"

Little Girl #2: "Except cows....I eat cows."

The other little girl was very confused about this conversation (that seemed to be going on whether she contributed or not) and I was just laughing while I tried to write the whole thing down.

5 comments:

Katrina said...

That is so funny. Did I know that you were a vegetarian? Is this a new thing?

Dawn said...

It doesn't really feel all that new...but I guess it is about 2 years in the process and now about a year-year and a half completely meat free. :)

Lindsay said...

Mmmm...I love cows too little girl

Mandy said...

So, what was your last type of meat to give up? We were talking about this the other night. (me and a couple vegetarians)

Dawn said...

Mandy...the last meat that I would eat was chick fil a chicken nuggets...no other kinds of chicken just those. I didn't eat them very often either because there aren't any chilk fil a's close to my house. I actually really wish chick fil a would deep fry some tofu in their batter for me...that was always the best part of the nuggets for me-the batter.