Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I'm Back!

I do realize that it has been quite a long time since I graced the blogging world with my hilarious stories and amazing prose....but not to worry I am back. And for your enjoyment today I have some preschool stories:

A little girl drew a picture of a person with a huge purple mouth, giant red dot cheeks and dark blue circle eyes. She told me "That is you Miss Dawn, with lots of make-up!"
She was so excited and proud of her picture while I became obsessed with my make-up application habits. So truth time all my blog readers...do I wear too much make-up?


In preschool we sing a song called "Once There Was a Snowman" (you know the one where the snowman melts?) well to mix things up a little bit I taught the kids to sing the song backwards...instead of melting, the snowman grows taller in the snow. The other day:

Me: "Everybody stand up and we will sing the snowman song."

Little Girl: Jumping up and down yelled, "Can we do it the AWKWARD way?!?! PLEASE!!"

***I'm not really sure how that would go....although a few "conversations" from my past blind dates might work.


I recently sprained my ankle (you may have heard me whine about it....) I thought I was at the bottom of the staircase, but as it turns out there were still 2 more steps....so my foot was in bad shape.

Little Girl: "Miss Dawn, why are you walking like that?"

Me: "I hurt my foot and it really hurts to walk."

Little Boy: "Why did you hurt your foot? Do you think that was a good choice or a bad choice?"

Me: "Bad choice, I guess. But it was an accident."

Little Boy: "You're right, it was a bad choice. Next time you need to make a good choice."

We obviously talk A LOT about choices, good and bad. And it would appear at least some of it is getting through.


Just this week we were discussing Groundhog Day. I was trying to explain the superstition behind the day.

Me: "A long time ago there weren't TVs with people telling us what the weather would be like, so people had to find other ways to find out about the weather."

Little Boy: "Oh. So they would just check the computer."

Me: (while trying not to laugh because he was so earnest) "Well, no they didn't have computers either."

Little Boy: "No TV and no computer? Wow."

Me: "Yeah...I wouldn't like it either"

5 comments:

Monique said...

Now you need to WATCH Groundhog Day and just laugh while putting your foot up and eating Cafe Rio. Your welcome. Sincerely, Dr. Mo.

ali-dot-e said...

Dawn- You do not wear too much makeup, you are most definately the prettiest preschool teacher I know. Do you remember the mean teacher in "Miss Nelson is missing?" There is a teacher with a lot of makeup!!

Grandma Cheryl said...

Your school stories are the best! You must love your job. I should of thought of that when I was younger. I make up for it being a grandma, but those kids are so funny. Glad you are back, don't stay away so long this time.

Mike J said...

I just love the mental picture of people checking the groundhog instead of the weather man.

AMIT said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.