Sunday, August 24, 2008

Wemberly Worried

Tonight I am trying to finish up all the loose ends to be ready for preschool to start tomorrow (like writing 40 names on 10 different things) and I realize that I am feeling sort of nervous.
I don't know why I should feel nervous. This isn't my first year teaching preschool, I'm not going to high school worrying about trying to impress some guy, and I am basically ready.
But I can't seem to talk myself out of it. I try to think about something else and eventually my mind returns to worrying about what to wear tomorrow,(which is silly because I wear the same thing everyday) that I might oversleep (if you know me, you know this is a fairly valid fear) and that something semi-catastrophic will happen (like paint being spilled on my beautiful new floor).
If only I (like Wemberly in one of my favorite picture books) had a bunny with soft ears to rub to calm me down....oh well I guess I will just try to put my nervous energy to good use finishing everything up. :-)

2 comments:

Monique said...

No fear, Dawn is here! You will be great I just know it. I got the same way today for Haley's first day of Kindergarten!!!

ali-dot-e said...

You will be fantastic!! I am sure you will be worn out but you are the best!! The kids will love you...I can't wait to see your new school!!