Saturday, August 9, 2008

Question: Who's In Charge?

The following happened at the child care center where I worked** on Thursday morning:

Two Boys: "Teacher Dawn, can we go play outside on the hill?"

Teacher Dawn (thinking it is way to early for questions-I mean it's only 8:00am!) "Well, ask teacher Cherish."

The boys look at Teacher Cherish expectantly.

Teacher Cherish: "Why ask me? Who do YOU think is in charge here?" she gestures to me and herself.

The boys look back and forth between us, obviously weighing the importance of their answer. Then in perfect unison they reply, "Teacher Dawn!"

(The question just seemed SO Dwight that I couldn't help phrasing it the way he would. :)

**Friday was my last day of work at Kid Stop (IHC owned child care center in American Fork). I was an emotional mess, there may have been a moment (or 20) when I was laughing and crying at the same time. I am excited to be able run my preschool at full capacity, but I will miss so many of the teachers and children that I worked with there. Thanks to everyone at Kid Stop for all the fun and memories! (and great blog stories!)

5 comments:

ali-dot-e said...

Ahhh...The end of an era. Congratulations on your full preschool!!! We'll see you soon!

Tawna said...

Dawn, This is Phoenix's mom. Where is your new daycare located??? Just wondering! if it was closer to us than the IHC one.....

Todd Chapman said...

hey Dawn, it's cousin Todd, you should post a link to my blog! here's my address:
http://newageromantic.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Aunt Jan wants you to know that her 4th of July shirt wasn't pink. It was red and white striped. You'll have to come over and see the fabulous shirt for a confirmation inspected. We love you.

Cherish said...

Hi Dawn-
We miss you-I think you're still in charge! I was cutting some lamination today and it reminded me of you! I have the quilt pattern you liked all copied for you-give me a call!