Friday, August 29, 2008

Preschool

This summer we spent re-doing pretty much everything in my preschool.
Things I DID NOT like about the re-do:
  • Sore arms from painting all the walls and the ceiling.
  • Standing in my garage painting baseboards-BORING!
  • Dust on ALL my furniture and toys.
  • Staying up way too late every night so that now my sleep schedule is completely ruined.
  • A new complication every day.
Things I DID like about the re-do

  • Realizing what great neighbors I have that were willing to help me for little payment (or really none whatsoever).
  • Remembering what great friends I have that were willing to help me for little payment (or really none whatsoever).
  • Remembering what a great family I have that were willing to help on short notice and with really non-fun jobs, for little payment (or really none whatsoever).
  • The BEST thing about the re-do? IT'S DONE!!!
So here are a few after pictures-I didn't take before or during pictures because the whole thing was just too overwhelming for me.
(Warning:there are a lot of pictures-I guess I am just so proud)

The block area is in the center with the art/snack tables on either side of the photo.

This is the "library" and behind that is the math/manipulatives table.

This is the dramatic play area featuring the play kitchen (which is probably my most favorite thing I ever bought for the preschool. The 4 year-old me was THRILLED with it. :)

Our class-time area (notice my preschool shoes that made it into the picture-oops. But they sure are cute huh?)

This is a shot of the art/snack tables and in the background some of my storage/organization.

This is where all the kiddos hang up their backpacks.

The math/manipulative table from a different angle-with a bathroom shot to boot!

The NEW door. I love my new door and I have to say that the money I spent on having the store install it was the BEST money I spent all summer.

As far as closets, storage and organization goes we have a couple different options:

Option #1: The good

Isn't this beautiful? All of the matching containers and their perfect, pretty rows really make me happy.

Option #2: The Bad

There is some organization-and I am REALLY trying...but I still have a little work to do.

Option #3: The Ugly

The Really, Really, Ridiculously Ugly

Now you all know what "labor" I will be doing this labor day weekend. :)

And just to clarify--no one can see "the bad" and "the ugly" so they are my little secret. (except I guess not anymore.)

6 comments:

Monique said...

I am really quite jealous. I even want to go to your preschool so I can play with the kitchen. Can I Can I? Way to go and believe you me, The Ugly pic is kinda like my closet, but with unraveled yarn strung throughout because I have kids who think it is fun.

ali-dot-e said...

It looks amazing!!! You did a fantastic job! Congratulations! I will teach at your school any time!

Tera said...

Wow Dawn! I am so impressed. I would like to come see it for real. Do you want to come redo my classroom now? Especially the organization part? Because none of my closets look as good as the "ugly."

Amy said...

Oh, my goodness! It looks absolutely amazing! You have a right to be proud of it. Will you please save a spot for Aaron in a few years?

Allie said...

How fun! Dawn, it looks amazing and I'll bet the kids just love it, probably more than you! Can Katelyn come to preschool for a day while we're here? Or can she just play in the preschool sometime? It turned out so awesome, way to go. Hope we can get together while we're here!

Eric and Andrea said...

Dawn-

My name is Andrea McConahay (from R-Kids & Kid Stop, & Bunko :-)) I'm not sure if you remember me, but I found your blog, through Wendy, and then Mandy. So, I hope you don't mind me posting. I LOVE YOUR NEW PRESCHOOL!!!

I am so jealous!! That is so cool you were able to quit and just do preschool, it really is amazing, and from the stories I've read, you are an awesome teacher!!

Keep in touch!! Where is your preschool located anyway?