Monday, September 15, 2008

Giant Sunglasses

So you always see the "celebrities" wearing those huge sunglasses that cover half of their faces and I always thought, "Well....they wear those because somebody, somewhere said it was the THING to do."

But this summer I was at a fair-type-experience-thing and I had forgotten my sunglasses so when I saw a booth selling sunglasses it wasn't difficult to convince myself to buy a new pair. Problem was all they had were those huge sunglasses. They were cheap, and I needed sun protection for my eyes (I really don't want to get eye wrinkles prematurely) so I just bought the pair that Emily said looked good on me. Over the past couple months I have come to realize that there are MANY useful reasons to have GIANT, face covering sunglasses.....

1. They are virtually impossible loose in your purse, even the black hole purses that I always seem to choose.
2. Covering up laziness induced make-up free (scary looking) eyes.
3. Hiding annoying people induced eye rolling.
4. Covering up a large portion of your face so that you can "hide" from people you may not want to see or talk to. (particularly great in combination with a hoodie and/or hat)
5. Covering up crying induced red eyes.
6. Covering up actual crying.
7. Holding your hair out of your face when you forget a headband.
8. Covering up sleepless night induced black bag undereyes.
9. Being able to flat out stare at people without them knowing and therefore thinking you are a crazy person. (I love people watching...people are so interesting)
10. Covering up drunken night induced blood-shot eyes. (A really big one for me actually.)
11. Protecting the all important eye skin from the deadly sun. (I really don't want to get eye wrinkles prematurely....or even at the regular time you are supposed to get them)
12. Making it possible to have new, important, and really deep things to ponder....such as the reasons that it is great to own really big sunglasses.

3 comments:

Monique said...

No crying allowed. We call ghetto faaabulous glasses :0)

Amy said...

You are hilarious! I love your posts! People watching is a favorite past time of mine as well, so I may have to get myself a pair of big sunglasses so I can do it more discreetly.

ali-dot-e said...

I think a picture would be fantastic here. I am with you on the whole hiding behind the sunglasses. I have just recently figures this out, I know I am slow!