Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Letter Of The Week

This week's letter is a great one, good old reliable letter 'I'! We do different things with the letter all week long. Today we were making a list of things that start with the letter....

Miss Dawn: "Well...no, eyeball actually does not start with I. It starts with E. I know it is very confusing.....(attempted explanation). Does anyone else know something that starts with the letter I?"

Little Boy: "Miss Dawn?! I know something that starts with the letter I!!!"

Miss Dawn: "Okay.....what?"

Little Boy: "i-pod!"

Miss Dawn: "Yes it does."

Not one of the kids had to ask what an i-pod is....they all know already!

P.S.-Can I just say in response to the "eyeball" starts with an I situation, Are you joking me?! I mean REALLY?! Could we make it any more difficult for 4 year olds to understand phonics?

3 comments:

Monique said...

yes. Try to tell a 5 year old that xylophone starts with an x. :)

Dawn said...

For real! Actually The Barenaked Ladies have a kids CD and they have a whole alphabet song of words that start with a letter but don't sound like that letter. It is funny...but I wouldn't let kids listen to it. They would be confused for a LONG time. :)

ali-dot-e said...

Well in that case we have iphones and ibook teaching the letter i just got a lot easier!